Primary Areas of Expertise
- Saving a major oil company over $2.9 million on several office buildings, research centers and vacant land accounts in one year.
- Saving a Fortune 500 company, over $1.1 million in taxes on their headquarters in Houston, Texas over a four-year time period.
- Achieving a tax savings of over $250,000 for the owners of a medical office building in Austin, Texas.
- Securing an assessment under $75 psf on a completed class "A" on campus medical office building for our institutional REIT client.
- Producing annual reductions averaging over 16% per year over a three year period on a refrigerated warehouse facility in Austin.
- Achieving a 35.2% reduction saving the Cypress Semiconductor over $135,000 in taxes on a high tech office manufacturing facility in the first year of representation. The previous tax consultant was a national firm who had achieved minimal reduction the previous year.
- Producing assessment reductions of over $37,300,000 on a portfolio of community centers and office buildings located in San Antonio and Houston, resulting in a tax savings of over $1,000,000 over 3 years.
- Securing a reduction of 31% on average for a freestanding anchor department store in a regional shopping mall, resulting in a tax refund to the owners of almost $100,000.
- Negotiating a $11,899,000 reduction on a multi-family portfolio in Austin saving the owners over $250,000 annually.
- Providing tax consulting/due diligence for an acquisition of over 4,000 apartment units, including a 5-year tax estimate per parcel per jurisdiction.
- Obtaining a reduction from $74,000,000 to $48,000,000 on a prime development parcel, saving the client over $750,000 per year in taxes using an Equal and Uniform argument. The ARB decision was appealed and the District Court reduced the assessment to slightly less than $32,000,000 saving the taxpayer an additional $440,000.
- Achieving reductions totaling $11,500,000 over two years on two blocks located in CBD Houston, saving the taxpayer over $300,000 in taxes. Through an appeal in District Court and mediation, taxpayer received an additional tax refund of over $350,000.